Electric cars. Autonomous driving. Virtual simulation. Software continues to transform the world of modern automotive manufacturing. However, unlike physical production lines where you can see cars being assembled from start to finish, digital assets are intangible and need to be defined and made visible.
Key to BMW’s success is their ability to seamlessly integrate production lines with their software delivery lifecycle. BMW has been able to visualize and optimize the end-to-end flow of customer value at scale and apply Agile principles at an enterprise level.
During this on-demand webinar, BMW Group Senior Project Lead, René Te-Strote and Tasktop Founder and CEO, Dr. Mik Kersten present the need for:
- Integrating production lines that span both physical and digital assets (such as software delivery and simulation)
- Managing products better to improve time-to-market
- Architecting around value flow
- Optimizing end-to-end across value streams to find bottlenecks (such as BMW’s need to flow simulation data between Germany and China)
- Measuring business results (such as innovation velocity, faster time-to-market and establishing whether simulation removed time-consuming physical steps)